Seizures and Epilepsy in Children: A Comprehensive Guide (Johns Hopkins Press Health Books)
The most comprehensive and practical guide available for caregivers of children who have seizures and epilepsy, now completely updated.
For more than 30 years, parents, caregivers, and health care providers have trusted Seizures and Epilepsy in Children to provide comprehensive, science-based information and practical answers to the most common questions about these conditions. In this new edition, completely revised and updated, a team of experts from Johns Hopkins Medicine offers guidance on:
- diagnostic testing and the latest treatments
- recommendations for the best devices, apps, and websites
- driving, health insurance, and playing sports
- navigating school and other environments
- mental health issues and counseling
- coping with disability
- side effects from medications
This new edition also features dedicated chapters on diet, complementary and alternative medicine, and rescue medicines. Seizures and Epilepsy in Children is the go-to resource for caregivers and families with children who have epilepsy and seizures.